SAVI Systems present the Affordable Audiophile grade Onkyo CP 1050 Direct Drive Hi-Fi Turntable
Onkyo are a Japanese company that have been involved in the audio business since 1946 and they have ultimately ended up leaders in the premium home cinema and audio market since the 1980's. Onkyo (translates to 'sound harmony') recently purchased Pioneer's home electronics arm in 2015. Like many Japanese Hi-Fi companies that were around in the 70's and 80's - Onkyo know a thing or two about turntables. Now that vinyl is making a comeback, they have bestowed that knowledge into their latest model turntable - the CP1050.
The CP1050 is housed in a thick, vibration resistant MDF cabinet, and also features a brushed aluminium control panel that gives this deck a high quality and substantial look with more than a hint of yesteryear's classic retro coolness. This unit also features a low-torque, direct-drive motor that , according to Onkyo Engineers, reduces low-frequency cogging noise as well as the high-frequency noise produced by some belt-driven designs. The high quality build continues through with a Die-cast aluminum platter and a rubber slipmat to provide stability and protection for your vinyl.
Two gold-plated pin-type RCA phono terminals output left and right channel signals to your external phono preamp (which you will need, as this turntable only outputs at phono level). It has an aluminum tonearm with a collar lock detachable headshell that supports a range of aftermarket cartridges and makes it easy to set up and swap between them.
The Onkyo CP1050 comes with a cartridge pre-installed and clear instructions to get the turntable up and running in about 5 minutes from unpacking it. Being such a solid deck, you will find that the Onkyo is very bump and feedback resistant compared to many other turntables at a similar price.
- Built to Deliver Affordable Audiophile-Grade Sound
- Stable Direct-Drive System for Minimal Low-Frequency Cogging Noise
- Customized Brushless DC Motor
- Quartz-Lock Control System for High-Precision Rotation
- Solid Anti-Vibration MDF Cabinet Construction with Black Woodgrain Finish
- Die-cast 305 mm Aluminum Platter for Effortlessly Smooth and Stable Rotation
- Wow and Flutter Less than 0.15%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio Over 60 dB
- Aluminum Static-Balance S-shaped Tonearm
- Moving-Magnet (MM) Cartridge Included
- Detachable Headshell Compatible with Aftermarket Cartridges
- Tonearm Counterweight Supports Range of Cartridge Weights
- Gold-Plated RCA Phono Output Terminals with Dedicated Grounding Post (Cable Included)
- Easy Button-Selectable 33 1/3 and 45 rpm Speeds
- Quickly Spins to Playback Speed Stability
- Includes Detachable Acrylic Dust Cover
- Resonance-Damping Rubber Slipmat Included
- Large Height-Adjustable Anti-Vibration Feet
SAVI Systems are Australian Authorised Onkyo Dealers
Onkyo CP1050 Hi-Fi Turntable Information and Reviews
Manufacturer's Information and Specifications
The 405 Tech Review